Couple months ago, I have been targeted on Facebook and Instagram by ads coming from this shoe brand called Velasca. It was the first time I’ve heard about this brand.
After visiting their website which I really like by the way, I started to make some research about this brand. I found out that each shoe is handmade in Montegranaro, Italy, and that Velasca has also 4 stores (Bottega) in Italy.
I was going to buy a new pair of Chelsea boots but good job to Velasca’s marketing team, your ads were perfectly timed!
The shoes: Velasca ‘Magutt’ Chelsea Boots
After wearing them couple time per weeks for one month now, I can tell you that these boots are built to last. When I received them, I was pleased to see that the boots weren’t too pointy, unlike many other Italian shoes. As you can see, they are quite round but too round or bulky like military boots.
What I like:
- The Vibram winter rubber sole. I live in Finland, therefore I need shoes that can be worn when it’s raining, snowing and cold. With this type of sole, I can tell you already that all the requirements are met.
- The website and overall feel of this brand.
- Their fast delivery and returns. Some brands should take note of that (Meer**n)
What I don’t like
- The difference in leather quality. You can see in the picture below that the shoe on the left has a normal grain and wrinkles compared to the one on the right that looks like it’s 3 years older.
I don’t know what happened here. But if anyone at Velasca is reading this, please let me know why it’s so different!
- When I received the shoes, the sole was full of wax and It has left black marks on my floor. They were really hard to remove. Not cool Velasca!
Positive experience overall. I like the shoes and wear them a lot.
Their pricing is on point. But once again I am a bit torn about the quality of the leather, as one shoe is looking better than the other.
Was it a mistake on their fabrication process? or is that how the shoes are produced?
I would buy again from them, but next time I would return the shoes if I see this kind of uneven quality.
10% off on your first order when signing up to their newsletter. Free shipping to EU!
Link to the Velasca Milano boots here
The shoes in action
I’ve reviewed last year a pair of Oxford from Meernin Mallorca, you can read it here.
Let me know in the comment section below if you have had experience with Velasca’s shoes in the past.
Other good Chelsea boots :